I AM a highly dedicated leader. I believe in collaborative endeavour, participatory and transparent decision making processes, and building the capacity of teachers to inspire innovation and leadership in others. I have always sought to serve the best interests of my school by responding positively to new challenges, and bring ideas, energy and enthusiasm to my school communities. I have been rewarded with a diverse and rich array of opportunities across a wide range of ages, grade levels, diversity of student engagement and learning needs.
I TEACH with passion and seek a learning environment where I can best express my commitment to inspire learning and deliver quality academic and social outcomes. I believe that used well, technology can contribute towards exciting and innovative experiences.
I LEAD by:
- Caring for the social, emotional and academic progress of children
- Having high expectations and and ambition for student success;
- Providing professional development and opportunities to foster opportunities within the school community;
- Building a detailed profile of each student through quality assessment, data analysis and communication;
- Working collaboratively within teams and fostering innovation and inspirational change;
- Providing opportunities for authentic learning opportunities;
- Developing partnerships with parents, business and community;
- Self evaluation based honesty, integrity and humility; and
- Being inspirational as an educator and leader.
I VALUE working in a learning culture that is collaborative and driven to innovate. I particularly value building capacity in teachers through quality professional development that comes from within that learning community. This led to the development of a highly successful professional development program at Korea International School, where among my first policy and program initiatives was the implementation of ‘The Fish Bowl’: a visible (and accredited) learning space, for teachers, where we we draw from the teaching experiences and resources of our teaching faculty to deliver a professional development session every week, during school time, repeated 20 times per week.
I UNDERSTAND that an excellent teacher is more than a dedicated classroom practitioner. I understand that being a broad participant in the activities of schools is why I have been given leadership opportunities. My focus is always on building the capacity of all stakeholders in a learning community, giving confidence to communicate and share ideas, and to promote ones that will deliver positive outcomes to our most important stakeholders: the students. I am an educator first and foremost, and understand that my leadership attributes are firmly focussed on maintaining this perspective.
I SEEK to continue to develop my leadership career by contributing in an international school, offering my experience and passion for learning in a new and challenging environment. My enthusiasm, preparedness to work hard and diverse skill range give me confidence to be able to continue to deliver quality learning outcomes in any school.